1. You will attend their shows more religiously and faithfully than you will ever attend an actual religious place.
2. You'll push them like a dealer pushes drugs.
3. Somehow you will manage to buy the same album 12 times so you can have “The Limited Edition One” “The Special Edition One” “The Acoustic Version One” “The One from Target with 8 Bonus Tracks” “The One from FYE that has Bonus Tracks that leaked onto the internet two months ago” “The One from Best Buy that has really shitty songs that didn't make the album for a reason but you'll never admit that they're crap because you love them too much” “The One that was Re-released a year later with a DVD because they got huge” “The MVI or whatever that hell that thing's called One” and finally “The Special Limited Edition (insert bright color here) Vinyl One even though you don't even have a record player”.
4. Photos of them will be collected like Pokemon.
5. Nearly everyone you know will hate them because you talk about them so much.
6. The movies you watch, the websites you visit, the clothes you wear, and the other music you listen to will be recommended to you by them via blog or Youtube.
7. You will consider the crew members to be part of the band.
8. Every band has some variation of these members:
a) the “holy shit” hot, gorgeous, talented, adorable, funny, sensitive one with fantabulous hair (it's usually the singer)
b) the nerdy-geek one who can't get the girl yet millions of girls swoon over him anyway.
c) the traditionally cute former class clown one who constantly makes inappropriate sexual references
d) the shy one who never talks during interviews even though he's just as good-looking as the other guys
e) the ruggedly-handsome-but-not-prettyboy-cute-like-the-other-guys one who's always in the background thus causing some of the 'real fans' to adore him
9. You come to find that nearly every good band in the universe has a Matt, Adam, Alex, Frank, Mike, William, Robert, or a Travis.
10. The name of said band will be three or four words long and/or have a “the” in it.
11. You will really love their girlfriends.
12. You will really hate their girlfriends (it's not always because of jealousy, mind you).
13. There will be at least twenty-seven versions of the same song on your iPod and you will have no idea why.
14. All the songs in your “Top 25 Most Played” will be in some way related to them.
15. They'll recognize you after a while.
16. They'll comment your Myspace/Facebook after a while.
17. You'll stop bragging about it to random strangers after a while.
18. You will humiliate yourself just to imitate and/or reenact something they did in a Youtube/Buzznet/Myspace video.
19. Defending them on a message board will get you into a huge overdramatic fight with some douchebag.
20. You'll lose faith in them on a daily basis only to have it miraculously restored for some inexplicable reason.
21. You will end up with a subscription to Alternative Press sooner or later.
22. Their sites will be checked by you approximately every ten seconds on your Sidekick/BlackBerry/iPhone/iPod Touch/laptop/miscellaneous Verizon phone/school's computer.
23. The name of the band will be on all of your school papers in the margins and on at least on one of your teacher's whiteboards.
24. You will spend waay too much time getting dolled up for their shows.
25. The new fans will always be teenies to the old fans. The old fans will always be ungrateful elitist bitches to the new fans. (btw only two-thirds of the new fans are teenies...just saying)
26. There is always a topic that you aren't allowed to talk about on the official message boards. You wont know what it is until it's mentioned. Oh, and their will be a lot of weird ass AIM lingo that you will have no fucking idea as to what it means, jsyn.
27. You'd beat the shit out of people to get the front if security would let you.
28. The crowd surfers almost always weigh too much to be crowd surfing.
29. The fan club is either complete shit or totally worth what you paid for it.
30. You were there from the start.
31. You wish you were there from the start.
32. There will be many moments when you feel like a bad fan.
33. You support causes that you never cared about before because of them.
34. Two words: Warped Tour.
35. You don't remember the original color of your walls.
36. The teenies never know that they're teenies.
37. Average ordinary everyday objects suddenly become pee-in-your-pants hilarious.
38. The guitar pick/drum stick/set list/ sweaty towel you managed to snag at a show becomes your most prized possession.
39. You over tip the merch people.
40. You feel like you know them.
41. You spend two weeks learning all of the words to a 45 second excerpt of a new song from the not-released-yet album from a vid they posted on Youtube.
42. You WILL fall in love with the lead singer...or the guitarist...or the bassist...or the drummer...or the keyboardist...
43. You'll read/write fan fictions about them and feel kinda creepy about it sometimes.
44. You'll read weird ass lists like this while you're waiting for them to update their page or post another video.
45. As much as you love “the boys” and their antics and their awesomeness and all the message board drama and the fandom and the OCD collecting of their paraphernalia and the infatuation you have with them, you know that in the end your love for them all comes down to one thing: the music!
ps; 5 FUCKING DAYS BITCHES. <3